Certified Nursing Assistant Program
- Course Duration: 6 Weeks
- Category: Medical
- Students: 0
- Certificate: Yes
- Location: AZTTI
- Language: English
- Lesson: 0
- Viewers: 4703
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Course Capacity: 10
- Start Course:
This is a 120-hour Nursing Assistant course in preparation for the Arizona State Board Nursing Assistant certification test. The program is scheduled as a 6-weeks course inclusive of 50 hours of Classroom & 30 hours of Skills in a lab setting and 40 hours of Clinical experience at neighboring skilled / Long Term Care facilities. Programs are available weekdays & Evenings
Monday through Thursday, day shift, 9 am-2 pm(6weeks) Monday through Thursday 4 pm-9 pm (6weeks) and Weekend program Saturday / Sunday from 7:30 am to 4 pm. (7-weeks)
Any missed time will need to be made up to be compliant with AZBN program requirements. At AZTTI, we strive for student excellence and successful transition into the workplace.
Applicants will be required to have an in-person interview and entry test prior to acceptance into the program, which requires 8th-grade reading proficiency.
-Admission to the Nursing Assistant Program is with the understanding that you are 18 years of age or older. You must pass a Fingerprint card check prior to programs acceptance for which the student is responsible for the $67.00 charge for DPS clearance and $25.00 to the business completing the fingerprinting. You must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. You must be able to lift 30 pounds. You must also pass a drug screen done prior to start of class for which you will be charged $50.00 at the Laboratory site. You must be able to read, comprehend, and communicate in English. You must have an understanding of basic Math concepts. There will be a $75.00 charge for the American Heart Association CPR / First Aid class.
Drug testing and fingerprinting will be done prior to program acceptance and must be clear.
CNA Training Costs
These are additional supplies and fees that you may need to complete your CNA training. These are approximate costs.
- REGISTRATION: $50.00
- DRUG TEST $50.00
- CPR/FIRST AID (BLS): $75.00 (avalible at AZTTI)
- TB TEST $ 25.00 (available at AZTTI)
- LEARNING KIT AND SUPPLIES: $130.00
- FINGERPRINT CARD $67.00 AND FINGER PRINTING $25.00
- AZBN Board Exam $130.00
- Watch with a second hand (digital watch acceptable)
- Writing pad
- Multiple black pens
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Health declaration (health physical)
WHAT ARE THE CNA PROGRAM PREREQUISITES
- A mandated CNA Admissions Test covering English proficiency, reading comprehension, and math necessary to comprehend the course materials and perform duties safely.
- No active Felony (ARS 32-1606) in the past 3 years or Unprofessional Conduct (ARS 32-1601)
- Proof of Citizenship (Arizona Driver’s License or Passport), or legal residency status.
- Must complete the AZTTI Health Declaration. The Health Declaration is a health and safety document ensuring essential immunizations and clearance for participation by a licensed health care provider. Potential students must be able to meet all “essential functions”.
- A NEGATIVE TB test, or provide prior results no older than 6 months from testing.
- TB Test is $25 provided by AZTTI. If positive, a chest X-ray will be required at the student’s expense.
WHAT IS THE CNA COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
- The Arizona CNA certification exam is the test a nurse aide student must pass in order to become eligible for CNA employment and for being listed on the Nurse Aide Registry of Arizona. The CNA certification exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to safely perform the job of a nursing assistant. The testing consists of two main parts: a written or oral exam and a hands-on, skills examination. A nurse aide candidate who passes both the written and the skills evaluation is eligible for any entry-level nurse aide position. In Arizona, candidates are required to score a minimum of 75% on the written exam which consists of 75 multiple choice questions, and 80% on the skills exam (without missing any key steps).
Our Main Teachers
Ms.Joan Barry is a Registered Nurse in Arizona and has Bachelor’s Degree in Business. She has an extensive multifaceted background, both clinically and administratively, including as an R.N on an …
Continue reading Joan Barry R.N., B.A.
I AM ORIGINALLY FROM CHICAGO ILLINOIS THAT IS WHERE I RECEIVED MY STUDIES. I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A RN. I HAVE BEEN AN RN FOR OVER 35 YEARS. I …
Continue reading Stephanie Lee-Bogan R.N, B.S.N
Ms. Vlacich received her Bachelor of Science degree in Health Administration and certificates in Gerontology & Health Care Management from St. Joseph’s College in Patchogue. New York. She has had …
Continue reading RoseMarie Vlacich R.N.,B.S – CNA Program Coordinator