Advanced Placement Nursing Assistant
- Course Duration: 9 Days
- Category: Medical
- Students: 0
- Certificate: Yes
- Location: AZTTI PHOENIX
- Language: English
- Lesson: 0
- Viewers: 2591
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Course Capacity: 5
- Start Course:
AZTTI is pleased to offer the Advanced Placement Nursing Assistant Program approved by the Arizona Board of Nursing. The Program is designed to prepare students who have previous direct patient care experience to be eligible to sit for the Nursing Assistant certification (C.N.A.) examination through the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Programs are available weekdays, Monday through Friday, day shift, 9 am-3 pm
Advanced placement is limited to students with at least 1 year of full-time or 2-year part-time employment (totaling 2080 hours) in the direct provision of health care within the past 5 years, or students who have successfully completed coursework that included direct patient care experiences in allied health, medicine or nursing in the past 5 years. Students will be required to have the Verification of Direct Patient Care Experience form completed,as well other documents required for program only.
Any missed time will need to be made up to be compliant with AZBN program requirements. This program will provide American Heart Association Basic Life Support training and certification as well. ($75 charge). At AZTTI, we strive for student excellence and successful transition into the workplace.
Applicants will be required to have an in-person interview and entry test prior to acceptance into the program, which requires 8th-grade reading proficiency. Drug testing and fingerprinting will be done prior to program acceptance and must be clear.
- REGISTRATION: $50.00
- DRUG TEST $50.00
- CPR/FIRST AID (BLS): $75.00 (available at AZTTI)
- TB TEST $ 25.00 (available at AZTTI)
- LEARNING KIT AND SUPPLIES: $130.00
- FINGERPRINT CARD $67.00 AND FINGER PRINTING $25.00
- AZBN Board Exam $130.00
- WHAT IS THE CNA COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS?
- The Arizona CNA certification exam is the test a nurse aide student must pass in order to become eligible for CNA employment and for being listed on the Nurse Aide Registry of Arizona. The CNA certification exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to safely perform the job of a nursing assistant. The testing consists of two main parts: a written or oral exam and a hands-on, skills examination. A nurse aide candidate who passes both the written and the skills evaluation is eligible for any entry-level nurse aide position. In Arizona, candidates are required to score a minimum of 75% on the written exam which consists of 75 multiple choice questions, and 80% on the skills exam (without missing any key steps).
Our Main Teachers
Ms. Vlacich received her Bachelor of Science degree in Health Administration and certificates in Gerontology & Health Care Management from St. Joseph’s College in Patchogue. New York. She has had …
Continue reading RoseMarie Vlacich R.N.,B.S – CNA Program Coordinator