- Course Duration: 6 Weeks
- Category: Medical
- Students: 0
- Certificate: Yes
- Location: AZTTI PHOENIX
- Language: English
- Lesson: 0
- Viewers: 3542
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Course Capacity: 15
- Start Course:
- Required Textbooks
- Registration Fee $50.00
- Learning kit & Supplies $150.00
- CPR/First Aid $75.00,TB Test $25.00
- Drug Test $50.00
- Fingerprint Clearance card $92.00
- Certification Preparation review $150.00
- AZTTI’S Phlebotomy Technician Program is designed with the busy adult in mind.
- The program is 6 weeks:
- Day classes: Monday to Friday(9:00 am to 3:00 pm)
- Evening classes: Monday to Friday (4 pm to 10 pm)
- Saturday Labs(1:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess High School Diploma or GED
- A current and valid government issued photo identification (driver’s license, passport)
- Proof of citizenship or legal residency status
- Students must present documentation for current immunizations (MMR, Hepatitis B, and
- received a negative TB skin test or negative chest x ray within the past year)
- It is our passion at AZTTI to provide superior current industry-standard curriculum and training to deliver outstanding future healthcare professionals.
- Your experience and knowledge as a Phlebotomy Technician is crucial in the healthcare field. As a phlebotomist, you will be a valuable member of the healthcare team. If you have a desire to excel and become a member of a healthcare team, let AZTTI be your choice.
PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN CURRICULUM:
The AZ Technical Training Institute Phlebotomy Technician course consists of classroom attendance and an externship at a CLIA approved lab.
Students will attend 160 hours of classroom instruction, followed by successful completion of 80 hours of externship at an approved hospital, lab, or physician’s office in Arizona.
Students that pass the AZTTI Phlebotomy Technician Course are qualified to take the National Healthcareer Association’s exam for Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT).
- Areas of study for the Phlebotomy Technician Program:
- Career Skills
- Medical Terminology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- BLS CPR & First Aid (AHA)
- Infection Control
- Blood Drawing Techniques
- Handling of specimens
- Laboratory Safety
COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete 240 clock hours. 160 Classroom hours and 80 Clinical hours
- Pass all required courses with a cumulative grade of at least 70%.
- Attend a minimum of 80% of the total hours for each course.
- Complete externship with positive preceptor evaluations.