Patient Care Technician
- Course Duration: 14 Weeks
- Category: Medical
- Students: 1
- Certificate: No
- Location: 12633 N Cave Creek rd # 102
- Lesson: 0
- Viewers: 639
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level:
- Course Capacity: 10
- Start Course:
Patient Care Technician
plays a vital role in helping doctors and nurses provide the highest quality care to their patients. If you’re interested in this noble profession, our Patient Care Technician program could help you advance your healthcare career to the next level.
What Is a Patient Care Technician?
A patient care technician (PCT) provides hands-on care to patients with a variety of healthcare needs.
What Does a Patient Care Technician Do?
- provide bedside care and advocate patients’ needs
- interact in daily communication with patients, nurses, doctors, and patients’ families
- conduct catheterizations, saline locks, and wound care procedures
- prepare, initiate and discontinue dialysis treatment of the patient in both hemodialysis and central venous catheters
What Career Opportunities Does a PCT Have?PCTs need strong communication skills, empathy and to be attentive to patient needs. PCTs can work in many settings, including hospitals, rehabilitation centers, dialysis facilities, and home healthcare agencies as a:
RequirementsYou must be a certified nursing assistant (CNA) in order to enroll in the PCT certificate program. AZTTI can offer you CNA as well for an additional cost
- hospital caregiver
- emergency department technician
- patient advocate
- dialysis technician
- ECG monitor technician
- home health aide
- In s little as 14 weeks, you can earn your certificate and be prepared for the National Certificate Patient Care Technician Exam (NCPCT). Once you’re certified you’ll be ready for an entry-level position as a Patient Care Technician and a successful healthcare career.
What Will I Learn With This Training?
Our hands-on training and we will teach you how to:
- Blood Collection (Phlebotomy)
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
- Bladder Catheterization
- Wound Care
- Respiratory Care
- REGISTRATION: $50.00
- DRUG TEST $50.00
- CPR/FIRST AID (BLS): $75.00 (available at AZTTI)
- TB TEST $ 25.00 (available at AZTTI)
- LEARNING KIT AND SUPPLIES: $130.00
- FINGERPRINT CARD $67.00 AND FINGERPRINTING $25.00
- Board Exam $200.00 (OPTIONAL)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess High School Diploma or GED
- A current and valid government-issued photo identification (driver’s license, passport)
- Proof of citizenship or legal residency status
- Students must present documentation for current immunizations (MMR, Hepatitis B, and received a negative TB skin test or negative chest x-ray within the past year)