- Course Duration: 5 Month
- Category: Medical
- Students: 0
- Certificate: Yes
- Location: AZTTI PHOENIX
- Language: English
- Lesson: 0
- Viewers: 2482
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: Beginner
- Course Capacity: 15
- Start Course:
- REGISTRATION: $50.00
- DRUG TEST $50.00
- CPR/FIRST AID (BLS): $75.00 (avalible at AZTTI)
- TB TEST $ 25.00 (available at AZTTI)
- LEARNING KIT AND SUPPLIES: $130.00
- FINGERPRINT CARD $67.00 AND FINDER PRINTING $25.00
- CERTIFICATION PREPARATION EXAM REVIEW $200.00 (OPTIONAL)
- AZTTI’S Medical Assisting Program is designed with the busy adult in mind.
- The program is 5 months:
- Day classes: Monday to Thursday (8:00 am to 2:00 pm)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess High School Diploma or GED
- A current and valid government-issued photo identification (driver’s license, passport)
- Proof of citizenship or legal residency status
- Students must present documentation for current immunizations (MMR, Hepatitis B, and received a negative TB skin test or negative chest x-ray within the past year)
- It is our passion at AZTTI to provide superior current industry-standard curriculum and training to deliver outstanding future healthcare professionals.
- Your experience and knowledge as a Medical Assisting are crucial in the healthcare field, as a Medical Assistant you will perform both administrative and clinical skills. The administrative skills will prepare you for basic billing practices and introduce health insurance. The clinical skills will prepare you for direct patient contacts, such as clinical and laboratory skills, minor surgical procedures, EKG, phlebotomy, injections, and laboratory screenings. If you have a desire to excel and become a member of a healthcare team, let AZTTI be your choice.
- The AZ Technical Training Institute Medical Assisting course consists of classroom attendance and an externship at a contracted healthcare setting.
- Students will attend 720 hours of classroom instruction, followed by successful completion of 160 hours of externship at an approved healthcare setting.
- Students that pass the AZTTI Medical Assisting Course are qualified to take the National Healthcareer Association’s exam for Certified Medical Assisting (CCMA).
- Areas of study for the Medical Assisting Program:
- Career Skills
- Medical Terminology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- BLS CPR & First Aid (AHA)
- Vital Signs
- CLIA waived testing
- Minor surgical assist
- Chain of infection
- Infection Control
- Complete 720 clock hours. Classroom and Clinical hours combined
- Pass all required courses with a cumulative grade of at least 70%.
- Attend a minimum of 80% of the total hours for each course.
- Complete 160 externship hours with positive preceptor evaluations.
MEDICAL ASSISTING CURRICULUM
COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS